Hello! Hope you all had a wonderful week. What a busy one it's been on the blog, so much has been happening. Jamie's been on the telly, on the radio, on the stage AND in the studio. How does he fit it all in?! Grab a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy this bitesize summary of what's been going on.
|Credit: Maureen McCarthy|
- First up was the big news of Jamie being interviewed by Sir Michael Parkinson in a special series on Sky Arts called Parkinson:Masterclass. Find out how you can be in the studio audience here! To get you in the mood for that, take a little trip down the Parkie/Jamie memory lane
- Here's a must-have for all Jamie Cullum fans! A world exclusive, for a limited time, you can now download a track by Jamie & beatboxer extraordinaire Beardyman. It was recorded live in February during a fundraiser concert for hospice for kids in Oxford Helen & Douglas House. It's really easy to download - just click the link, donate £1 via paypal or credit/debit card et voila! Please tell your friends too! CLICK HERE!
- As reported last month, Jamie will play at the BBC Radio 2Day concert on May 10th and you can apply for tickets to be there. To find out how, tune into the Chris Evans Breakfast Show every day next week. All Things Cullum was able to reveal exclusively news of a special duet planned for the show... find out who
- Drummer Brad Webb has been sharing some sneaky tweets with us this week whilst recording with Jamie for the new album:
All set for two days in the studio with
@jamiecullum. The car is 'quite' full of drums.
Hoping I'm at the correct studio... http://pic.twitter.com/tX2E7QTK
Recorded falsetto backing vocals this afternoon. Long-nose pliers were on standby.
Great times recording with
@jamiecullum and @chrishll.Briefly recorded drums in Phil Collins' '80s drum booth, which looked and sounded odd.
- Did you see Jamie on the BBC Two programme to commemorate the Titanic last Saturday? He was discussing the music on board ship. Get the link and read the transcript here
- On Tuesday, Jamie was in Belfast to play a gig for the Chamber of Commerce at Titanic Belfast. See this photo of him entertaining the 700+ guests and read a Belfast Telegraph review
- Great guest post from Roger Hipwell of Orford Jazz taking us back to 2003 when Jamie Cullum performed at the very first Orford Jazz Festival. You can get your tickets now for Orford Jazz 2012 featuring Anthony Strong and Melissa James
- If you would like to submit a guest post for All Things Cullum, contact me
- Enjoy this track Greatest Mistake by Handsome Boy Modeling School featuring Jamie Cullum and John Oates
- Here's a fascinating video interview with Gregory Porter - My love of jazz
- Tickets for the album launch for Melissa James's debut album Day Dawns are available now. It takes place at Green Note in Camden on June 21st
- Record Store Day 2012 takes place tomorrow (April 21st) and Zara McFarlane will release a very limited 12 inch of More Than Mine. There will also be a limited edition 12 inch of Gregory Porter's 1960 What? on sale tomorrow. Support your local independent record stores! Look out for my interview with Zara coming to the blog very soon
- Finally, a brand new website 'Jazzed Up' launches very soon. One to watch!
See you next Friday! In the interim, you can keep up with the very latest news as it happens on Twitter and Facebook.
For daily updates straight to your inbox, join the mailing list on the home page.