If you've been too busy to read the blog recently, here's the best way to see what's been happening in the last seven days!
- Jamie wins Jazz Broadcaster of the Year in the Parliamentary Jazz Awards! Congratulations to Jamie, Liane and all the other winners who took home one of these rather handsome trophies!
Jamie with fellow winner Liane Carroll who took home the award for Jazz Album of the Year.
|Photo credit: Graham Lambourne|
- It looks like Jamie may need to get a bigger trophy cabinet...The New York Festivals Radio Awards 2012 take place at the end of this month. Jamie and the Folded Wing team have been shortlisted for 'Best Jazz Format' for the second year in a row... read more
IN OTHER NEWS...
- Jamie is in Miami today for a special show as part of Hear the Music, See the World. Brad tweeted a photo earlier...more
- We had another clue in what could be new album news when Jamie tweeted:
Barcelona and a day of filming is calling. All will be revealed soon!
- Get involved and tweet your favourite gig to Jamie now! He asked:
- May 26th is almost upon us - yes, it's Eurovision time again, coming from Azerbaijan. If you are so inclined, be sure to check out the German entry, co-written by our very own Jamie. Watch the official video sung by Roman Lob here
- Good things come in threes. Enjoy this trio of brand new videos from three talented pianists/vocalists!
Anthony Strong - For Once in my Life
Joe Stilgoe - Waterloo Sunset
Theo Jackson - Skylark
DON'T MISS ...
- Coming up on Tuesday's BBC Radio 2 show ... one of Jamie's favourite bands Alice Russell & Quantic
- He still continues to get rave reviews and is gaining huge respect in the music world. New dates for Gregory Porter are being added all the time so keep a close eye on his website, and when he comes to a town near you, treat yourself to some tickets and see what all the fuss is about! www.gregoryporter.com
Thanks for reading! See you next week.
To get daily updates straight to your inbox, you can subscribe. If you missed any of these weekly summaries, visit the Friday Roundup Archive