In a week when all eyes are on the UK for the Diamond Jubilee, things just don't let up here! With a super new Cullum song all over Spanish TV and a whole show dedicated to Jamie, this man is surely proving himself to be a national treasure. Join me in this weekly recap of events...
Photo shared by Jorge Rodriguez
- Last week, we had teaser videos about Jamie's new project. Now you can enjoy a brand new song, video and update from Jamie! Along with his new friends from Spain - Nita, Carlos Sadness and Frank T - he stars in a summer campaign for San Miguel. The advertisement, already screening in Spain, has been causing waves. If you are a Twitter user, you might have noticed Jamie trending several times this week after the ads had gone out! Watch 'Everything You Didn't Do'
- The man who has interviewed some of the most famous people in the world, including John Lennon, Nelson Mandela and Muhammad Ali was this week back in the studio to record a special show dedicated to Jamie. Legendary broadcaster Sir Michael Parkinson invited Jamie to sit in the hot seat for a Parkinson Masterclass. All Things Cullum got to be there and here's a little taster of what you can look forward to when the show goes out on Sky Arts in September
- Jamie continues to beaver away in his studio on the new album. Make sure you are following him on Facebook and Twitter for his updates!
- The Eurovision Song Contest took place on Saturday and German entrant Roman Lob made the Top 10 with 'Standing Still', a song co-written by Jamie. See the video
- On Jamie's BBC Radio 2 show on Tuesday, he featured a Maida Vale session with Brazilian singer Ceu. Listen again and see photos from the session here
- Last minute entry this week for some new promo photos from the San Miguel campaign in Lamono Magazine
- Ben Cullum will be resident DJ at The Regent in Kensal Green this Saturday June 2nd
- Theo Jackson is over in New Zealand and made his debut TV performance on Good Morning TV. Check it out!
- New tour dates added for Gregory Porter here
- Kaz Simmons will grace The Green Note in Camden on June 6th. Get your tickets
- Kyle Eastwood plays the Sunset Jazz Club in Paris tonight and tomorrow. He also has added more dates to his tour schedule www.kyleeastwood.com
- If you're in the southwest this weekend, you can catch Anthony Strong at the Bath Fringe Festival this Tuesday. Details here
DON'T MISS ...
- A new video interview with Jamie
- Next week on Jamie's radio show is an interview with jazz vocalist Mark Murphy. Listen every Tuesday at 7pm at www.bbc.co.uk/radio2
- Look out for a new competition coming soon!
For daily updates straight to your inbox, join the mailing list on the home page.
Thanks for reading! You can read previous editions of Friday Roundup here
See you next week.