We are at sniffing distance of the touchline! Yes, THE news we've been waiting for, with those all-important release details for that hot new album from Jamie Cullum, is about to be broken. Jamie is doing a great job keeping us on our toes with regular tweets and photos, this one being the latest. Even JC HQ is dusting off the cobwebs in readiness for the promo craziness that is about to get underway. So are you ready Jamie Cullum fans? Don't underestimate the power of fans and social networking. We really can make a difference by showing our support of our favourite UK jazz artist of the last decade!
So this week, to warm us up, we've been treated to not just one but two new projects from Jamie, interestingly both advertising products - a piano and a car!
- Watch Yamaha Silent Sessions as Jamie played a gorgeous acoustic version of Love Ain't Gonna Let You Down atop a London rooftop as the sun was rising. It was filmed in September last year
- The second is a Toyota advert and we get to enjoy Jamie singing Say Hello, a Sinatra song written by Sammy Cahn and Richard Behrke
- If you missed the latest Jamie show on Tuesday featuring an interview with Courtney Pine, catch up now
- This artwork created by Gabriel Medeiros really captured my interest. He did a great job don't you think?!
- Something from the archives - an interview on Portuguese TV with JC back in 2006
- Check out the next in the Jazz Standards series Part 6 - Just One of Those Things
- I really loved this snippet from the upcoming album from Liane Carroll. Watch the video
- On Jamie's show next week will be a Maida Vale Session from American pianist and composer Ramsey Lewis
- Tomorrow, Jamie will once again perform for Martell Special Nights with a meal by French chef Raymond Blanc at One Marylebone in London.
- Then just a few days later, on Thursday, the same venue hosts a major new event on the UK Jazz calendar, the first ever Jazz FM Awards. Jamie has been nominated for UK Jazz Artist of the Year and the results of the public vote will be revealed at the ceremony. Also, All Things Cullum favourite Gregory Porter is up for two awards: Album of the Year and UK Shows of the Year. The exciting programme is to include performances from pianists Ramsey Lewis (who happens to be the guest on Jamie's show next week!) and Ahmad Jamal, who will collect the Lifetime Achievement Award, aswell as perform at the end of the show, including a surprise collaboration. Wonder who that will be with?... You may recall Jamie shared an archive track by Ahmad on his radio show in November. Additionally, don't forget we can look forward to a Maida Vale Session with Mr Jamal coming very soon!
For daily updates straight to your inbox, join the mailing list on the home page.
Thanks for reading! You can read previous editions of Friday Roundup here
See you next week.