Hello February! One month closer to spring and also to that brand new album from Jamie Cullum. Here's what has been happening in the world of Cullum over the last seven days. Of course, these are just the best bits. Why not subscribe to All Things Cullum (just add your email in the little box on the top right-hand corner of the homepage) and you will get the latest news in a daily email so you won't miss a thing!
Time to dust off those dancing shoes!
The BIG news of the week was the announcement JC fans have been waiting for and you heard it here first! Jamie is heading out on the road this summer and now we know when and where. Confirmed so far are some festivals in the following European countries:
- Czech Republic
But JC HQ assures me there are more dates to come, including Jamie's own shows. So make sure you stay tuned, as news comes when you least expect it! There is a new TOUR 2013 section here at All Things Cullum which will be updated regularly and you can also find the info at jc.com
Jamie will be showcasing his new material so don't miss the chance to be one of the first to hear it live!
|Credit: Jamie Cullum|
Also this week, the making of the new video for Love For Sale (a Cole Porter song Jamie originally recorded for his first album Heard It All Before) has been underway.
Working with Jamie was actor and author Larry Lamb. See a photo of the pair together here
In other news
Jamie was the star at the rather swanky venue One Marylebone in London not once but twice this week.
- Jamie performed once again for the Martell Very Special Evenings. More photos
|Jamie and Raymond Blanc|
- The first Jazz FM Awards took place last night at One Marylebone. Jamie lost out to the excellent Neil Cowley Trio for UK Jazz Artist of the Year but the runner-up prize of performing with legendary Ahmad Jamal no doubt made up for that! See who the winners were here and read about that duet with Ahmad Jamal. Hoping a video recording will surface soon but in the meantime, tune into Jazz FM this Sunday (time tbc) when Nigel Williams presents the highlights from the night
- On Jamie's BBC Radio 2 show next week is British director and playwright Stephen Poliakoff
- Be sure to take time to listen to Jamie's show from Tuesday featuring that gorgeous live session from Ramsey Lewis (who also performed at the Jazz FM Awards and was awarded the Gold Award for Outstanding Contribution to Jazz!) Tune in now
- Some more Liane Carroll from her upcoming album Ballads. I've been enjoying her last album Up and Down this week. Check it out!
- Winner of Best UK Venue at the Jazz FM Awards, Ronnie Scott's is the subject of an interesting documentary available on BBC iPlayer. Read more
There are just a few days left to vote in the Parliamentary Jazz Awards. Please take a moment to cast your votes here
For daily updates straight to your inbox, join the mailing list on the home page.
Thanks for reading! You can read previous editions of Friday Roundup here
See you next week.