The BIG news this week, as you've no doubt noticed by now, is that Jamie's first single from the new album LOVE FOR SALE has been released! Along with a short film made in South London which is available to watch on www.jamiecullum.com or on You Tube, the song is available as a free download.
Visit www.jamiecullum.com to get your copy now!
The video for LOVE FOR SALE, starring actor Larry Lamb, was premiered yesterday.
What do you think?
- So far, it appears to have been received incredibly well, by fans but also by those who might not have given Jamie a second thought. The single got it's first radio airplay on Jazz FM yesterday, and this was followed in the evening with a first play on BBC Radio ONE! Listen here (starts 1:00:40)
- Already the song and video are making waves. This article in today's Metro gives us some background behind the making of the video. GQ also has some positive things to say here
- It appears the release date for LP6 is now set for May. Stay tuned for more on that!
- As if releasing Love For Sale wasn't exciting enough, Jamie was singing live with Alice Russell on BBC Radio 2 on Tuesday (listen to My Funny Valentine), then playing a showcase at Abbey Road Studios the next day (along with one of the hot names of 2013 Laura Mvula!) Ben Cullum tweeted this photo
- Cheltenham Jazz Festival announced that for the fourth year running, Jamie will once again be Guest Director. Find out Jamie's festival picks! Let's hope he will do a headline set. You may recall last year he did a solo show that was simultaneously broadcast to cinemas across the UK. Read a review of that show here. See the full line-up for CJF 2013 which includes a second visit from the brilliant Gregory Porter, Theo Jackson and also new name Laura Mvula, amongst others
IN OTHER NEWS
- Theo Jackson announced his first UK tour. Details here
- Kaz Simmons launched a campaign for her upcoming album Signs. You can find out more and pledge here
- Next week's radio show will include an interview with Matthew Halsall
For daily updates straight to your inbox, join the mailing list on the home page.
Thanks for reading! You can read previous editions of Friday Roundup here
See you next week.