the best way to catch up with what's been happening this week in the world of Jamie Cullum and beyond!
Hello! Hope you had a wonderful week. If you are visiting this blog feature for the first time or are a regular reader, thankyou for taking the time to pop by! I hope you will find the following a useful catch-up service on what Jamie Cullum has been doing over the last seven days.
- Another show has been added to the summer tour - Cool Jazz, Portugal. Details here and all the tour dates can be found here
- Still wondering when the promised Twitter gig might be taking place...?
- New album teasers continue to be posted almost daily on Jamie's official Facebook and Twitter feeds. Video stills with lyrics from Cole Porter's Love For Sale are preparing us for what is rumoured to be the first single from the album! Make sure you are signed up to all the JC sites and mailing list so you don't miss anything, including a new way to buy the JC merchandise you want!
- The number? 920,000. Jamie's BBC Radio 2 show has hit new heights! Figures for the last quarter show a huge increase in listeners on the previous year. Read about it here. Congratulations to Mr C and the Folded Wing team!
- Continuing with the Jazz Standards series, this week we looked at What a Difference a Day Made and Love For Sale. What is your favourite version of these songs? Look out for more in the series to be added next week!
- Whilst no video of the Cullum/Jamal duet at last week's Jazz FM Awards has surfaced as yet, we did get to see some lovely photos of the two on stage together, aswell as lots of other cool pix! Click here!
- Enjoy this high quality video from The Pursuit Tour of I'm All Over It (Thanks Dana!)
- Here are more details about the brand new album from Kyle Eastwood due for release in March - The View From Here
- The 2013 Grammy Awards take place this Sunday in L.A. Look out for Gregory Porter whose song Real Good Hands has been nominated in the category Best Traditional R&B Performance!
- The full line-up for this year's Cheltenham Jazz Festival will be announced this Monday. Check it out here
- On Tuesday's BBC Radio 2 show, Jamie once again treats us, this time to a live duet with friend Alice Russell. Don't miss it!
- Last week's show included an interview with director Stephen Poliakoff as well as a crazy track by Errol Parker and super fresh sounds from a new project from Richard Spaven, Grant Windsor and Nailah Porter aka The Sure Co. Well worth another listen here!
I leave you in Real Good Hands with the wonderful Gregory Porter - congratulations once more on your second Grammy nomination Mr Porter!
For daily updates straight to your inbox, join the mailing list on the home page.
Thanks for reading! You can read previous editions of Friday Roundup here
See you next week.